Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Eagles Have Landed

Just when I'm wondering what to take a photo of on this dull rainy afternoon, Larry informs me that there are two eagles in the cottonwood. This tree is about 200 feet from the house, on our neighbours front property line.  I tried taking a shot through the open window (too many branches in the way), went outside, came back inside to put new batteries in, tried to keep the rain drops off the camera lens, etc.
The eagles are in the same position in both shots, it's just that in the second shot I am much closer to the bottom of the tree.  I tried to get even closer, but stepped on a big branch that broke with a loud crack and one eagle flew off.
They look as pissed off about the rain as I am.
Since our chicken coop is only about 200 ft away, I hope they aren't eyeing up dinner.



Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX20 IS
Shooting Date/Time 06/02/2011 3:18:43 PM
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
My Colors Mode Off
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/320
Av (Aperture Value) 5.0
Light Metering Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 400(Auto)
Lens 5.0 - 100.0 mm
Focal Length 76.9 mm
Digital Zoom None
IS Mode On
Image Size 2550x1699
Image Quality Fine
Flash Off
White Balance Cloudy
AF Mode Continuous AF
Parameters Contrast          Normal
Sharpness         Normal
Saturation  Normal
Color Space sRGB
i-Contrast On
File Size 1183 KB
Drive Mode Continuous shooting

2 comments:

  1. Yum, Chicken dinner. We have a pair down the street in the neighbors back yard. I want to sneak back there and get some pictures... guess I should ring the doorbell and ask instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo..I don't like them much..but you took a great photo:)

    ReplyDelete