Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Riding Lesson

I was planting more potatoes in the garden this afternoon.  I could hear a lot of voices out in front of our place, and then after a bit I saw a girl on a horse go galloping down the side of the road.  Then she came back up, and then she galloped back down.  There's a really nice shoulder on the road between us and our neighbours.  It is a long stretch of grass and moss with no driveways or mailboxes to interfer with having a good gallop.
Back in my teens and early twenties I had a couple of horses that were boarded out, but it was 'self board' which meant I had to go and look after them once or twice a day.  Most of my riding was done along the road.  I used to love it when there was a good stretch of shoulder on a quiet road, and you could let your horse go!
It was a thrill to be on a horse that was racing like the wind:)  Even to this day if I'm walking down a road and there is a good spot for a gallop, I feel the urge!

Seems like the girl on the horse was getting a riding lesson from the girl in white, and she went back and forth quite a few times.  I did wonder though how the girl on the horse could hear what the other one was telling her over the pounding of the hooves.  

Of course by the time I came back out with the camera, they were done, and were on their way home.

(I felt a bit like a peeping tom, taking these shots with my zoom)




No comments:

Post a Comment