Saturday, May 7, 2011

King of the Dark Hill

We were just coming back from your walk around the block with the dogs.  That's the walk we take when we need to get the dogs out, but we don't want to spend a lot of time, or drive anywhere.  It's about a mile in total, not far for a couple of border collies, but one leg of the square at least is a laneway with no traffic, so they can all be off leash.  We were coming back up to our place, and the neighbour's red angus bull was stood surveying his domain.  I said that I wished I'd seen him sooner, so he could have been my picture for today.  But then I figured I'd try it anyway.  It was already half dark.  I thought it would be kind of cool if I could get down low enough to have him silhouetted against the sky, but I wasn't about to crawl through the fence and lay on the ground close to him to try do that.  As it was I was having to be careful that I didn't get a jolt from the electric wire as I balanced the camera on the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment