Saturday, January 15, 2011

Black and White

So we decided to bump it up a bit and pick a theme for one of the weekend days.
The first theme is black and white photography.
When I looked at my pictures I wasn't that thrilled.  Bumping up the contrast, and knocking down the brightness seemed to give them a bit more kick, but then I discovered 'unsharp mask', and I loved what it did to the pictures.   Just about every picture looked good, to me at least:).  I couldn't decide on my favourite, so I asked the other family members what they liked.  Here is a sampling of what we picked.



File Name IMG_5890.JPG
Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX20 IS
Shooting Date/Time 15/01/2011 9:32:11 AM
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
My Colors Mode Black & White
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/80
Av (Aperture Value) 2.8
Light Metering Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 80
Lens 5.0 - 100.0 mm
Focal Length 5.0 mm
Digital Zoom None
IS Mode On
Image Size 4000x3000
Image Quality Fine
Flash Off
AF Mode Continuous AF
AF Range Mode Super Macro
Parameters Contrast          Normal
Sharpness         Normal
Saturation  Normal
Color Space sRGB
i-Contrast On
File Size 2099 KB
Drive Mode Continuous shooting

The settings for all the photos were pretty well the same, other than the shutter speed which varied from  1/25 on the tractor shot, to1/500 on the Chinese Lantern shot.







2 comments:

  1. I like the second one the best..and am totally stumped by the third photo..what is it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third one is of a bunch of electric fence insulators on a metal post:)

    ReplyDelete