Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sepia Sunday.....Oh Frick!

Meredith and I decided to do sepia photos today.  Since that tone always makes me think of faded old photos, I thought I'd photograph something old, or old looking at least.  Way back when we first started going to garage sales, I decided I was going to collect oil lamps.  I honestly have no idea if these are old, or just modern cheap copies, but I liked them, so that was all that mattered.

 I took one photo, and then thought about doing one of the mirror above. There is a tall plant growing in the corner of the room, which had flopped over onto the top edge of the mirror.  I pushed it back out of the way, it held it's position for a few seconds, and then while I had to the camera to my face composing a picture, the fricking plant really flopped over... 


....and here's the result:(



Here's what it colour it really is.  Why couldn't the chimney on the other lamp have broken instead, it was just plain and could be replaced easily. Grrrr...


So then I said I had to use that only photo, good or bad.


Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX20 IS
Shooting Date/Time 16/01/2011 10:48:18 AM
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
My Colors Mode Sepia
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/60
Av (Aperture Value) 2.8
Light Metering Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 400(Auto)
Lens 5.0 - 100.0 mm
Focal Length 5.0 mm
Digital Zoom None
IS Mode On
Image Size 2687x3788
Image Quality Fine
Flash Off
AF Mode Continuous AF
Parameters Contrast          Normal
Sharpness         Normal
Saturation  Normal
Color Space sRGB
File Size 2324 KB
Drive Mode Continuous shooting

1 comment:

  1. Amber glass..how beautiful..I would have said something worse than oh frick. At least you have one last photo of it:)

    ReplyDelete