Monday, January 31, 2011

Star Light, Star (not very) Bright

Since I try to sort of relate my photo to the day, this is what I chose today.  A cool clear evening, and as we walked to and back home again from agility practice, the Big Dipper was standing on it's handle in the night sky.  I thought I would attempt to capture it.  The stars to the north weren't particularly bright, and when I looked through the camera I couldn't even see them.  I set up the tripod, pointed the camera in what I was hoping was the right direction, and set the shutter on the slowest speed I could.
So there you see it, albeit rather faint, but the big dipper just to the left of the cherry tree by the back patio.
The peak of the barn roof and a few other trees are at the very bottom of the picture.


Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX20 IS
Shooting Date/Time 31/01/2011 9:30:02 PM
Shooting Mode Shutter Speed Priority AE
My Colors Mode Off
Tv (Shutter Speed) 15
Av (Aperture Value) 2.8
Light Metering Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 80
Lens 5.0 - 100.0 mm
Focal Length 5.0 mm
Digital Zoom None
IS Mode On
Image Size 3000x4000
Image Quality Fine
Flash Off
White Balance Day Light
AF Mode Continuous AF
Parameters Contrast          Normal
Sharpness         Normal
Saturation  Normal
Color Space sRGB
File Size 1193 KB
Drive Mode Self-timer Operation
Owner's Name

1 comment: