Tuesday, January 18, 2011

All Swept Up

It's a struggle these wet dim days to find something to take a photo of.  I was puttering in the sewing room today, and I have sorted my thread spools somewhat according to colour.  I can guarantee they won't stay that way.  But since this photo is not too much different from yesterday's....


...this is my photo for today. 
'We' are sweeping the utility room (hmm, I think that name dates me).  I suppose these days it would be called the laundry room or the mud room.  Whatever you want to call it, it's were we first come in from the back of the house.   Where we store our farm footwear and outerwear.  Where the dogs get gated into when they are wet or muddy.  Where the woodstove and woodbox are.  Where the washer and dryer and a sink and counter are.  Where Calli spends the majority of her indoor time.  Where we have a little fridge for  some raw dog meat.   Actually, I think this room was used as a kitchen when the house was first built.  When we moved in there was a full size fridge and stove in there also.
It is also the room where we paint things (there are three pieces of freshly painted wood in there right now).  It also gets used as a work shop, pumpkin carving center, dog grooming and nail clipping salon.  Well I could go on and on.
Maybe Utility room is a good name after all.


Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX20 IS
Shooting Date/Time 18/01/2011 3:48:57 PM
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
My Colors Mode Vivid
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/60
Av (Aperture Value) 5.6
Light Metering Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 80
Lens 5.0 - 100.0 mm
Focal Length 12.3 mm
Digital Zoom None
IS Mode On
Image Size 3537x2449
Image Quality Fine
Flash On
Flash Type Built-In Flash
Flash Exposure Compensation -1
Shutter curtain sync 1st-curtain
Red-eye On
White Balance Fluorescent
AF Mode Continuous AF
Parameters Contrast          Normal
Sharpness         Normal
Saturation  Normal
Color Space sRGB
i-Contrast On
File Size 1722 KB
Drive Mode Continuous shooting

3 comments:

  1. I really like the colors in the thread photo.
    I looks as if your dogs like to attack and chew up your broom too. I think Utility room works. Do you feed all your dogs and cats raw. Ryker is doing great with the switch. He really loves his raw food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the thread colours too:)
    All three dogs are fed raw, no canned or dry dogfood. Smudge is inside/outside in better weather, so she catches the occasional mouse or vole. She gets a high quality kibble, and the odd bit of raw if she happends to be there when I am feeding the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a utility room..Luna loves to help you sweep:)

    ReplyDelete