Monday, March 28, 2011

Cravings

The dogs occasionally get sardines added to a meal.  I just open a can and split it between them.  If Smudge happens to be around, she'll get a bit too.  And sometimes I really crave them for myself, so I'll sneak a bit.  
We are not big seafood eaters, no oysters, clams or squid here.  The occasional bit of cod or salmon, and canned salmon or tuna.
This morning the dogs didn't get sardines, but I saw a tin, and had a real craving for them.  So I ate a whole tin of them,  with toast, for breakfast.
Larry hates the smell, so, as he would say... 'it takes the worry out of being close'
I'm sure he'll be keeping his distance:)

Oh, and if I make dried liver or kidney treats for the dogs, I love those too, well especially the liver:)


1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fishy person either - like you we have trout, salmon, cod or tuna oh and prawns (actually that sounds like I am quite a fishy person!! lol)...but my husband has taken a liking recently to tinned mackerels - he even eats the curried flavoured ones (yuk!!)

    ReplyDelete