Sunday, March 27, 2011

Not much of a photo, I know.  But, this was part of our day.  About noon today we headed to an agility lesson for Larry and Luna.  Since it was located halfway to White Rock, where we had to be at 4 this afternoon anyway, we just continued on there after the lesson.  We did some fruit tree pruning for my mother, Larry visited his mother, I sold a whole bunch of eggs, and Luna chewed on some freezer dried chunks of beef that I had taken along in case we were still there at supper time.  So we got the plum and the pear tree pruned, and this is the apple tree.  It's certainly seen better days.  It is one of those combo trees, that has 4 or 5 different varieties all grafted onto the same tree.  It's really quite sad looking now, and maybe in a year or two we might end up cutting it down.  It didn't have a lot of apples last year, so it will be interesting to see what it has this year.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you photo graph this tree again when it has fruit..the idea of having different grafts has always been interesting to me...but I have never actually seen a real tree with different fruits..so what you think is ordinary..others think of as extraordinary:)

    ReplyDelete